Physical Activity and Fitness for Everyone
written by Queenta Nkamanyi
An inactive lifestyle is one of the major causes of many diseases today. We are in a country where “stress” is the author of the day. 99% of the people in Europe I have met complain of stress. It could be work stress, financial stress, marital stress, emotional stress, etc. We work, work and work and forget to take care of our own health. The body needs care and one of the best ways of caring for it is to exercise. Exercising your body is not only meant for weight loss or a sexy and attractive body. It does not only apply to young men and women who still have so much life ahead of them or for fashion models and so on.
As a matter of fact, some people with a family history of overweight give up on themselves and don't work out saying things like “It won´t work for me, my parents are both fat”.Others say “I have been exercising from the day I was born but look at me”. The benefits of physical exercise go beyond weight loss. People who work out would tell you it definitely reduces stress. It shouldn´t be only about weight. Exercise is known to cause the release of hormones which make you feel happy, more relaxed, and even increases your self-esteem. Thus people who exercise are usually in a better mood, have a higher energy level, and sleep better. Exercise usually helps people not only fall asleep, but helps to deepen sleep.
The purpose of this article is to let you all know that losing weight should not be the only reason why you should exercise. Some people lose weight easily while for some it will take a while to achieve their aim and so they give up along the way. There are several lots of reasons why you should exercise even more.
Know what works for you:
There are three forms of exercise; Aerobic, anaerobic and flexibility exercise.
1. Aerobic Exercise: This kind of exercise is to improve the body´s intake and consumption of oxygen in its metabolic processes of generating energy. Aerobic exercises involves warming up for at least 20 minutes then cooling down. It involves mainly the large muscles groups. So exercises like swimming, running,cycling etc are very good examples.
It is considered to have the following health benefits:
• Reduces blood pressure
• Improves blood circulation
• Raises number of red blood cells which facilitates transportation of oxygen
• Improves mental health
• Reduces migraine suffering
• Improves muscle ability to use up fat
• Increase resistance to cancer
• Lowers blood sugar level and reduces risk of diabetes
• Increased resistance to viral and bacterial infection( stronger immune
• Longer lifespan
2. Anaerobic Exercise: While “aerobic” means “with oxygen,” anaerobic means “without air" or "without oxygen." Anaerobic exercise is short-lasting, high-intensity activity, wherein your body’s demand for oxygen exceeds the oxygen supply.
Have you ever lifted some weight and you realise that you can´t breathe anymore? That is what I am talking about. Other examples include sprinting in any form, jumping a rope, hill climbing, or any burst of hard exercise etc. This type of exercise is best for people who want to train their muscles and build muscle mass.
Its benefits include:
1. Develop stronger muscle
2. Improves your cardio-respiratory fitness
3. Lower blood cholesterol
4. Helps control body weight
5. Strengthens bones
6. Better balance
7. Reduced body fat
3. Flexibility exercise:
Flexibility training includes stretching exercises for the purpose of increasing one’s range of motion. Flexibility is needed to perform everyday activities with relative ease. To get out of bed, lift children, or sweep the floor, we need flexibility. Flexibility tends to deteriorate with age, often due to a sedentary lifestyle. Without adequate flexibility, daily activities become more difficult to perform. Over time, we create body movements and posture habits that can lead to reduced mobility of joints and compromised body positions. Staying active and stretching regularly help prevent this loss of mobility, which ensures independence as we age. Being flexible significantly reduces the chance of experiencing occasional and chronic back pain.
• Reduces the risk of injury during exercise and daily activities because muscles are more pliable
• Reduces stress in exercising muscles.
I hope I did not forget the sexual health benefits too. Oh I know this is the best part for most people. So I hope this be the reason why you should start exercising. Physical exercise makes you feel sexier and that alone is a Plus. It improves sexual performance. I don´t know what position you want to take but whichever one you choose, you will see the difference when you perform. When you are fit and you know, you are confident and that is another plus there. This is your psychology.
Additionally, it improves orgasms. In fact, research has also shown that women who frequently exercise become aroused more quickly and able to reachorgasm faster and more intensely. Also, It helps keep you sexually active as you age. That means if you are an exercise person, your sexual age will be years younger than your real chronological age.
So I dare you all to proof this statementwrong ;). Go experiment this.
Fit people tend to have a better sex life than less active people.