This kind of atmosphere is what Afrika Kultur & Wohlfahrt e.V. in Essen creates for kids and their families who want to experience another kind of christmas at their every last Saturday before the christmas holidays. A fashion parade, a dance workshop and other games add more spice to the day.
And because we are in Germany, Santa Claus makes his obligatory entry with the traditional "oh oh oh" and loads of surprises in his Santa sack. He doesn't need his elves here because the party already has enough little helpers to unpack with excitement.
Afrika Kultur & Wohlfahrt e.V. has a tough job maintaining the restricted number of participants to 100 kids because more and more kids seek registration even weeks after the official deadline. There is no sunshine, temparatures are in the minus outside but the spirit of a Cameroonian christmas is warm enough for all inside.
Mrs. Chrystelle Carole Najeme (CEO of Afrika Kultur & Wohlfahrt e.V) and husband.
In so doing, Afrika Kultur & Wohlfahrt e.V contributes its bit towards interkultural exchange and reinforcement of a cultural identity.
Similar activities of thiers include:
- assististance to migrants with translations, interpreting and appointments in government offices
- Tutoring in all subjects
- Kids crafts workshops
- Culinary workshops for children and youths
- Integration through Sports
- Informative forums for parents
- Discussions on development policies and development assistance and the strengthening of mutual understanding between Germans and Africans as well as between the Africans themselves.